Bay Area Hospital offers FREE diabetes blood glucose screening on the fourth Thursday of every month from 9 to 10 a.m.
You should get screened if you:
- have a family history of diabetes
- had diabetes during pregnancy
- had a baby who weighed more than 9 pounds
- are older than 45
- are overweight
- are inactive
- have high blood pressure
- have elevated cholesterol or triglyceride levels
- are of African-American, Hispanic, Native American or Pacific Island descent
- have a history of high blood sugar
To have your blood sugar checked, arrive after fasting (no food or beverage for eight hours) or two hours after the beginning of breakfast.
Family member or support persons are encouraged to attend.
Pre-registration is NOT required.
For more information: Call Rita Hoover at (541) 266-7928
Location: Bay Area Hospital Spruce Conference Room 1775 Thompson Road Coos Bay, OR 97420