We ask patients or families who have problems, complaints or concerns to follow the process described below. These steps ensure patients first seek assistance from staff members who are most familiar with their care, and who can provide additional options if needed:
- Please speak with the members of your healthcare team first. Usually, they can quickly resolve most issues.
- If you are not satisfied with the response you have received from your healthcare team, call our Risk Manager at (541) 269-8100. You also may send a written concern to: Risk Management Bay Area Hospital 1775 Thompson Road Coos Bay, OR 97420
- If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from the Risk Management office, you may contact the following outside resources to register your complaint:
- State of Oregon, Health Care Licensure and Certification Section: (971) 673-2700
- State Quality Improvement Organization, Acumentra Health: 1-800-633-4227
- The Joint Commission, Office of Quality Monitoring: 1-800-994-6610 firstname.lastname@example.org
Patients Rights and Responsibilities