Cardiovascular imaging plays an important role in heart care.
- Echocardiograms help providers determine whether a patient qualifies for certain procedures. They are also used for early detection of valve disease and heart failure. With early detection, cases can be treated to prevent future hospitalization.
- More than 4,000 echocardiograms are performed each year.
- Stress testing in our nuclear cardiology lab helps identify patients with heart disease before they have a catastrophe.
- Nearly 730 stress tests were conducted in the Prefontaine Cardiovascular Center in one year.
- The vascular imaging lab allows the team to do studies to determine whether leg pain could be caused by a blockage in the leg and to look at patients’ arteries to prevent stroke.