Pulmonary rehab at Bay Area Hospital is a comprehensive outpatient program of supervised exercise and education for those living with lung disease. Our goal is to help you gradually improve your level of physical activity and to promote a healthy lifestyle.
What to Expect
Participants usually attend pulmonary rehab two times a week for six to twelve weeks. The program is individualized to meet your needs and goals. Your family is encouraged to be involved as you regain control of your health and your life.
What is involved in Pulmonary Rehabilitation?
- Functional and activities of daily living (ADL) training
- Energy conservation
- Breathing retraining
- Stress management
- Medication education
- Dietary consultation
Benefits of participation
- Improved breathing
- Increased endurance and strength
- Control of symptoms
- Improved management of medications and oxygen
- Improved management of stress, anxiety and depression
- Improved ability to perform daily life activities