Bay Area Hospital’s Wound and Hyperbaric Center treats patients with chronic, non-healing or infected wounds. Our specially trained medical professionals employ a comprehensive toolkit of proven methods to promote healing:
• A total contact cast or boot to “offload” pressure from a foot ulcer
• Debridement to remove dead tissue
• A variety of dressings to promote healing and fight infection
• “Compression wraps” to control swelling
• Referral to a podiatrist or surgeon
• A vascular angiogram to restore blood flow to an extremity
• Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT), in which a patient breathes pure oxygen in a pressurized chamber.