Community Grant Application
APPLYING FOR A COMMUNITY GRANT
Bay Area Hospital’s Community Foundation awards grants through our Foundation on an annual basis. The annual deadline is March 1. The awards are announced prior to June 30.
- Only requests from non-profit organizations and groups within the hospital’s operating region of Coos, Curry, Western Douglas and Western Lane counties will be considered for funding.
- Preference will be given to projects that provide evidence of coordination and partnership with other organizations.
- Preference will be given to projects designed to improve the health of our community, specifically projects that support initiatives from the current Coos County Community Health Improvement Plan. (click here to view the 2018 Community Health Assessment and 2019-2022 Community Health Improvement Plan)
How to Apply
Please read the following instructions and tips prior to filling out your application.
We accept only one application per organization.
Please submit ONE complete application including project information that demonstrates alignment with Bay Area Hospital’s Mission and Vision.
Bay Area Hospital's Mission: "We improve the health of our community every day."
Bay Area Hospital's Vision: "Bay Area Hospital will be the model for regional health care excellence."
We will be giving preference to projects that support initiatives from the current Coos County Community Health Improvement Plan (click here to view the 2019-2022 CHIP
). It may also be helpful to view the Coos County Community Health Assessment used to create the Coos County Community Health Improvement Plan (click here to view the 2018 Assessment)
CHIP focus areas include:
- Community Outreach & Engagement
- Individuals & Families
- Health Equity
- Healthcare Access & Capacity
Please be aware that the online application process does not allow organizations to save an application in progress. For this reason, we encourage applicants to read the application in its entirety before filling it out. You may also find it helpful to save your responses in a Word document prior to filling out the application.
Before clicking submit, ensure that you have uploaded two documents:
1) Financial Document: Organizational budget for current year, including income statement and balance sheet.
2) A Detailed Narrative: Describe your project and explain how grant funding is to be used in the fiscal year. The narrative should not exceed two pages in length. If you wish, the narrative may include photos and additional supporting materials.
Please Note: If your project is funded, a grant report/evaluation must be submitted no later than March 1 of next year. This form will be electronically mailed to your organization by February 1st of the year following grant receipt.
If you have questions or need additional support, please contact Denise Bowers 541-269-8135
Please click here to apply for Community Grant.