The Bay Area Hospital Home Health Agency, established in 1977, is Medicare-licensed and is certified and accredited by The Joint Commission. We serve Coos Bay, North Bend, Charleston, Lakeside, and Hauser.
Bay Area Hospital’s home health team manages your health in your own home, working with your physicians and our certified wound nurse to enhance wound healing. We provide skilled professional assessments to maximize your success at staying in your home, educate you and your caregivers to better understand and manage your medical condition, help prioritize what you can do to stay home, and reduce your risk of injury and hospitalization.
Your home health team may include one or more skilled professionals, such as a nurse, Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Certified Nursing Assistant, and Medical Social Worker.
Award-winning care, delivered to your door
The Bay Area Hospital home health team has received many awards and recognitions, including:
- Being recognized in the top 25 percent of home health agencies in the nation and as a top three comprehensive data warehouse by Outcome Concept Systems. Results were based on quality of care, quality improvement, and financial performance.
- Acumentra 2008 Quality Leader Award for achieving the highest rate for improvement of oral medications in the state of Oregon
- Bay Area Hospital Home Health Agency’s Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services performance measures are significantly better than the national norm in improvement in bathing ambulation, oral medication management, emergent care, and discharge to community.
- Bay Area Hospital Home Health Agency’s Client Satisfaction Survey shows overall 95 percent satisfaction with our services.
Who needs home care?
You’re a good candidate for Bay Area Hospital’s Home Health Agency if:
- Your physician has ordered home health services for skilled nursing or occupational, physical, or speech therapy.
- You or your caregivers are able to manage your care between agency staff visits.
- Leaving home requires taxing effort, assistance by another person or use of a wheelchair, walker or other mobility aid.
- You have limited outings to medical and other minor appointments, such as an occasional trip to the barber for hair care.
Bay Area Hospital will bill your insurance carrier and help you understand your billing statements.